Barnes Auto Service has job openings available for a General Service Technician! We're looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at Louisville, KY.
The General Service Technician is an entry-level position that is responsible for providing general services for vehicle maintenance and repair, such as oil changes and tire rotations. You will also be under the guidance of an experienced automotive technician that will assist you. General Service Technicians are responsible not only for the service we provide, but also Barnes Auto Service's reputation as a trustworthy and dependable auto shop. Because of this, a successful general service technician will need to have some experience in automotive repair, but also be a quick-learner who has the ability to receive instructions and follow our shop's procedures. Paying strong attention to detail and being dedicated to honesty, and fairness is important.
General Service Technicians are Responsible for:
- Performing general automotive maintenance and repair services across many makes and models
- Completing all work orders correctly and accurately
- Maintaining accurate and organized notes and paperwork on all jobs
- Practicing safe work principles
- Shop housekeeping, i.e. keep work area clean, safe and organized
- Maintain positive customer relationships
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipients of a high school diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Familiar with multiple makes and models of vehicles
- Dependable, honest and organized
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
- Ability to receive instruction and to follow procedures
- Some or limited training in automotive repair, and committed to keeping up-to-date on automotive knowledge
- Some experience in vehicle maintenance, including the use of tools
Click here to submit your application for this position.
What our clients are saying about us
We have established longterm and stable partnerships with various clients thanks to our excellence in solving their automotive needs!
I called Barnes needing preventative maintenance on a very compressed time frame. They were super friendly and helpful and got me in right away, and delivered my truck when they said they would. What makes me rate them 5 stars is that they were detailed in their inspection of my truck, they checked my differential for me, changed the fluid at my request, and took care of my transmission and transfer case, and all of this was extra on top of what I asked for. Yet they still delivered my truck on time. They even called me after about a week just to make sure my truck was doing well even though they knew I was out of State. They delivered a high level of customer service, and work product.
Really good place to take your vehicle if you need it worked on, employees are really respectful and does everything they can to fix a customers vehicle!!! I will be going back anytime my vehicle needs something done that I can't do!!!