Barnes Auto Service has job openings available for a General Service Technician! We're looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at Louisville, KY.
The General Service Technician is an entry-level position that is responsible for providing general services for vehicle maintenance and repair, such as oil changes and tire rotations. You will also be under the guidance of an experienced automotive technician that will assist you. General Service Technicians are responsible not only for the service we provide, but also Barnes Auto Service's reputation as a trustworthy and dependable auto shop. Because of this, a successful general service technician will need to have some experience in automotive repair, but also be a quick-learner who has the ability to receive instructions and follow our shop's procedures. Paying strong attention to detail and being dedicated to honesty, and fairness is important.
General Service Technicians are Responsible for:
- Performing general automotive maintenance and repair services across many makes and models
- Completing all work orders correctly and accurately
- Maintaining accurate and organized notes and paperwork on all jobs
- Practicing safe work principles
- Shop housekeeping, i.e. keep work area clean, safe and organized
- Maintain positive customer relationships
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipients of a high school diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Familiar with multiple makes and models of vehicles
- Dependable, honest and organized
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
- Ability to receive instruction and to follow procedures
- Some or limited training in automotive repair, and committed to keeping up-to-date on automotive knowledge
- Some experience in vehicle maintenance, including the use of tools
Click here to submit your application for this position.
WE SUPPORT OUR MILITARY & FIRST RESPONDERSview coupon
We at Barnes Auto Service would like to offer our Military, Police, Firefighters, and EMTs a 10% discount on any service. *Up to $100 maximum* We want you to know we appreciate all you do.
Kenneth Brown, 08/24/2020
This is Kenneth Brown I had a problem with my 2006 Ford Expedition the engine would cut off while I was driving in traffic. No one could find the problem, I called Barnes Repair and explained problem. On 04/16/20 Barnes found co sensor had melted on exhaust but they did not stop there they found several other things wrong. They kept in touch every step of the way of repair. They repaired my wiring harness and brakes. After I got my vehicle back they even called me to make sure every thing was ok. I would recommend every one if you have a problem with your vehicle get in touch with Barnes Auto Repair 5029668644 they will make sure your vehicle will be in top shape when you get it back. THANKS TO ALL THE STAFF AND TECHS